Welcome to the Retirement Fair
The Retirement Fair has been held for the past 9 years and has continued to grow so that today it is the biggest and most comprehensive event of its type in Berkshire.
In 2013 the Retirement Fair was attended by 130 exhibitors and 1,200 visitors from Ascot, Bracknell, Windsor, Maidenhead and other areas. The organisers are planning a more intensive advertising campaign for the 2014 event with the objective of increasing visitor numbers.
The event attracts very positive feedback from exhibitors and visitors alike and we listen and act upon the suggestions and comments that are made.
A number of comments are recorded below;
What Exhibitors said;
- I feel the enhancements and demonstrations we had this year will be very hard to improve on.
- Very much so! I enjoyed the day. Very well run.
- We feel our objectives were met to a greater degree than we expected.
- This year's seemed even better than last year's.
- Having Flower Arranging was good; especially the ability to purchase afterwards, a few more activities of this type would be good.
- Simply that the arrangements and facilities for those attending seemed first class as was the help to those exhibiting.
- Yes. The stand was well frequented and considerable interest was shown by the general public.
What Visitors said;
- Delightful day would come again. Could we have more information on eyes (Opticians)?
- I thought that the Fair covered all aspects of retirement
- Very good, I felt much younger listening to the Jazz band and reminiscing over playing bridge, Ramblers Association and many more.
- More information on sheltered living.
- Thank you for an excellent and informative Fair
- More information on gas and electricity change over.
- I would like more information on holidays and travel.
The organisers wish to thank Ascot Racecourse for allowing us the use of the the Grandstand that provides a wonderful setting for the Fair